We are seeking to appoint a part time Administrator to support the work of the Methodist Church in West Oxfordshire
The successful candidate will be skilled in a wide range of office administration functions; able to work with and support staff and volunteers and act as PA to the Superintendent Minister, whilst also being able to work without close supervision. You must be supportive of the ethos and values of the Methodist Church and be able to act as a positive ambassador for the Church in West Oxfordshire.
The person appointed will be required to:
- Be experienced in the use of Microsoft Office programmes.
- Be willing to learn and use the online website and data management system Chrestos, and provide social media support.
- Be responsible for record keeping, taking minutes, collating and distributing information as well as administration and publicity for events and activities of the Circuit.
- Support church officers in administration of GDPR and Safeguarding and other matters
- You will often be the first point of contact for information for churches and members of the public.
Next Steps and Main Terms
- Hours of work: 18 hours per week – core office hours to be agreed on appointment but there is flexibility and some home working is also possible. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required (perhaps 6 times per year)
- Contract: Permanent (subject to 3 month probationary period).
- Rate of pay: £12.37/hr (Pro rata FT equivalent £24,187 pa)
- Location :Based at Chipping Norton Methodist Church, West Street, Chipping Norton OX7 5LH.
- Next Steps: Download the application pack below and complete the online application.
Closing Date: 24th March 2024 (extended)
Interview Date: tba
For further information contact the Superintendent Minister Rev Andrew Biggs:
T: 01608 544362
Please download the Job Application Pack for further information before completing the Application form.
Job Application Pack – Please start by downloading and reading the following documents :
Job Description: HERE
Person Specification HERE
Terms and Conditions HERE
If you then decide to apply please complete the online application:
Online Application form: HERE
Please also download and complete the EDI monitoring form and email to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form HERE